- About JKM
Contact JKM. . .
- Phone: 773-256-0739
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I renew an item?
Some prefatory information about renewals:
- The number of renewals available to you depends upon the category of borrower to which you belong (i.e.: masters-level, advanced degree, adjunct, or faculty). A description of all categories of borrowers is available here.
- You can renew an item up to 29 days after it becomes due; after 30 days, the circulation system declares the item lost and you'll need to contact the lending library to renew the item; a list of contacts for all I-Share libraries is available here. The new due date is calculated either from the date you renewed the item or when the item became overdue (so you could renew an item and it could still be overdue).
- JKM circulation staff cannot renew materials checked out from other I-Share libraries.
- Library staff does not know your username/password, as that information is considered confidential by the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries of Illinois (CARLI).
To renew an item borrowed from JKM or any I-Share library
To renew an item borrowed from JKM or any other I-Share library, you don't need to contact the library's circulation desk; instead, you can log into your JKM/I-Share account and renew the item yourself, assuming 1) you haven't used up your maximum number of renewals; and/or, 2) the item has not gone overdue for more than 29 days.
Click on 'Checked Out Items' on the right-hand side of the screen. A list of 'Your Checked Out Items' will appear, in order of due date (default sort). You can re-sort the items charged to your account by clicking on Title, Library, Status or Renew:
Select those items you wish to renew by clicking on the box on the right, and click on 'Renew Selected Items.'
If the item can be renewed, the new due date will appear and the status will change to 'Renewed.'
Questions? contact us at 773.256.0739 or email@example.com